Bubbles and Mints

Many of you will remember my long-ago post about the the Orbit gum flavor, "Bubblemint." If you don't, never fear because as I am no longer able to generate my own original ideas, I will reiterate it for you. I was upset because it was advertised as a mint flavored gum and yet it did not have a minty flavor, opting instead to have a predominantly bubble gum flavor.

Recently, in a moment of utter insanity at the Maverick gum shelf, I bought a pack of Orbit Bubblemint gum, forgetting that I chew the Extra kind, which does not advertise itself as nor taste like mint. Chewing the bubble gum flavored gum goes against my own general rule that gum should taste like mint and nothing else, but the package was pink and I really wanted to pick it up, purchase it, and put it in my pink purse. Yes, my logic is sometimes faulty.

After months of chewing non-minty bubble gum flavored Extra gum, I popped a piece of supposedly-minty bubble gum flavored gum into my mouth and I have to be honest with you, since there is a built in code of honesty in my value system, it tasted like mint.

It's funny how nothing you write has to be true. I mean, you can say it like it's true, but it doesn't really have to be.....Anyway....Just wanted to say that I made a hasty decision about the Orbit Bubblemint not tasting minty. Of course, by admitting this, I am in no way saying the gum tastes good. In fact, it tastes a lot like microwaved hotdogs.
One Orbit flavor I really appreciate is Maui Mellon Mint. I can't explain its appeal. It baffles me in fact. I don't know if mellons are technically fruits and this post is too lame to bother looking it up, so there's a possiblity that I am not losing my mind and enjoying a gum flavored like fruit, just mellon, which is okay since I like mellons in real life. But, as I think I have stopped making sense, I will stop now. But I will be back. Oh yes, I will be back.

Comments

Popular Posts