Superfluous buns

I don't think I'm going to do it. 

I've been doing NaNoWriMo since 2008 (that's a guess).  NaNo is an excellent tool to teach the uninitiated how much is enough if you have a dream to write a novel.  *Raises hand*  Goal accomplished. I wrote a novel. In fact, in the last 16 months I have written seven (7) novels.  I'm kinda pooped.

My first two years as a participant, I knew zero (0) people who participated in NaNo (or who even wrote at all for that matter).  Last year I knew three (3) people.  This year I know a gajillion.  My facebook is plastered with people who are starting their NaNo books.  I'm jealous.  I'm excited to start one of my own.  But I'm still kinda pooped.  Despite that, I feel like a party pooper. 

When I think of being a party pooper such as I am, I think of this clip from Father of the Bride.



And then I laugh and think of this clip about superfluous buns.



So I'm sitting this one out folks. I'm hoping to finish my current work in progress, but other than that...I guess I will see you next year in NaNoland.

Enjoy, and happy NaNoWriMo to all participants!

Comments

Popular Posts