Oops, I did it again

Last week I had the unfortunate experience of selecting, downloading, and attempting to listen to an audiobook I had previously downloaded...and hated.

This week, I did it again.

Put the headphones on..."hmmm, this is sounding familiar....and not in a good way."

The reason this happens is I download a TON of books.  I suppose if a premise sounds good the first time, it will sound good the second time, but don't you think there should be some kind of flag going off in my brain to alert me to a possible boring book or hum-drum narrator?  The glitch is probably happening somewhere between visually associating the cover art I look at when I click to download and what I hear in my head when I click Play.

No matter how it happens, it's a big time bummer to be stuck with a book all night I previously discarded.  It's like the cat came back or something. 

Anyone else do this?

Comments

Michele said…
I have the same problem. I don't know what I would do without Goodreads to help me keep track. Hope you find something better for tonight.

Popular Posts