Book Review--Sort of

From the Goodreads Summary:

Julia Darling never expected to cook for some cowboys in Wyoming, but when she breaks off her engagement in Salt Lake City, it's the perfect opportunity for her to escape. Determined to stick the job out, Julia faces her biggest challenge yet letting go of borrowed light to find her own testimony. Set in the early 1900s, this is one romantic adventure you ll never forget!


From Misty:
 
I'm pretty sure if I'd have read Carla's regency romances before this, I would have liked it less. But as it was, and as I haven't, I thought this was great. Skuh-weeky clean romance, funny, cute, inspirational.


Julia Darling escapes her unwanted engagement by accepting a position as a cook on a ranch in the wilds of Wyoming (pretty sure I've read at least two other books with pretty much the exact same premise, except this is about Mormons). Falls in love with the rancher; I know, shocker. She thinks she's going to impress the men with a fancy meal, but none of the ranch hands will eat it. I cried like a little baby when Mr. Otto (the rancher) stayed at the table and ate her stupid meal. I'm sappy like that. It's no wonder she fell in love with him, right?

Comments

Elsie said…
My friend Vickie went to Wyoming to cook for the cowboys after she was divorced (I think) she has some hilarious stories to tell but, probably not squeaky clean if I know Vickie. I saw this book at Sam's the other day - maybe I'll have to read it but, yours is still, by far, the best religious fiction I have read and not the least predictable.

Popular Posts