The Meaning of Christmas

Since I was so slacky about getting my poem in for the last contest, I thought I would at least get one done on time for the new Christmas NotContest. On time, I'm assuming, being before Christmas. So, without further delay, here is my submission to the Christmas Poetry NotContest:

Heaven, graceful Christmas

Arms raised toward the meaning of
Heaven, graceful Christmas.
The meaning elbows of
leading the meaning
to the morning of Christmas
from the fingertips through the meaning
to the breastbone of Christmas.

Brave as the meaning
of longing of Christmas for home;
the meaning of wars
and of bomb meaning the lights
of Christmas lighting
the way for the seekers
of Christmas.

The melting of the meaning
on a Christmas pond,
clear meaning cold water melts
Christmas of the meaning
of a trickle of meaning flows
around the hand that
Christmas tries to hold it.

Cannot the meaning of Christmas
Exhilarate you.

Tsk the meaning of the garlands,
the tinsel toys of Christmas.
Are not you merry Christmas,
ashamed of the meaning,
cannot you mean the feeling,
will not you let the Christmas
seekers of meaning seek?

Infant the meaning is
devine Christmas,
meaning heavenly star on earth,
man in God and Christmas He
in meaning of birth.

Comments

Elsie said…
Amazing! Breathtaking! thanks.
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing the meaning of Christmas. It was nice going through your blog. May your world be filled with good cheer and happy spirits this holiday season. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! Ihampers.co.uk
Dave said…
I got the christ part out of all that. That's good enough for me, 'cause I don't get poetry. I don't think I am supose to understand poetry (it's my nature). I enjoy that you know how to use words. Pen them and give them meaning.

Popular Posts