NaNoWriMo

So, November is National Novel Writing Month. Sign up. Write. You know you want to. It doesn't even have to be good, it just has to be words.

This year, I've chosen a character from The Cowboy Clock to elaborate on. If you follow The Cowboy Clock, you know that I recently changed John Sullivan's name to Clint Sullivan. I think it will fit in better with the new personality I am dreaming up for him. At first, John wasn't even going to get a name, he was just the jerk-wad that left Sasha and Maddy, but then he came to town to see his daughter and I decided he'd better get a name. And as time has gone on, I've gotten curious about him. I think he has a story. And I'm going to spend November weaving one around him.

I had another idea I wanted to play around with, too, and it's going to appear in this book. I really wanted to do a book about a woman who writes horoscopes for a major internet astrology website. So, I've chosen a character who will make you laugh and drive Clint crazy with her horoscopes. And let's just say, that if you're reading this book in the beginning of the month, you might want to keep an open mind to new endeavors and an open eye to falling objects.

I've found that I really like having all the control in a story. So this year, I will not be requiring plot suggestions from you. Whew! You guys are getting off easy. Also, each week I will post five chapters (whatwhatWhat?) and I will REPLACE them the next week with the new chapters. So, if you miss reading it, you will not be able to go back.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I'm late for a nap. Er...the housework.

Comments

Heather said…
Sounds like lots of fun! I'm proud of you for writing. You are certainly good at it! :) Can't wait to see what you come up with! Can we subscribe to your blog so we don't miss chapters or should we just stop by every day? Either way, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Kristin Sokol said…
Is it too late? Have I missed somehthing? Let's go to taco maker so you can catch me up. Or lets just go because the food is kick awesome.

Popular Posts