Here are the comments you made previously. I thought you might like to read what you wrote. I couldn't believe how much of it I actually did work into the story.



MamaB
No story about the Nolan county sheriff would be complete without a scandal at the county fair, right? Someone messing with Auntie May June's prize-winnin' plum preserves or something of that nature. Or something has to take place at the old swimmin' hole, a clandestine meeting of the sheriff and a confidential informant or something like that. And it just wouldn't be the same without some rusty old pick-up trucks and a drive-in theater. Sullivan could turn out to be someone's long-lost kin come back to town to cause a ruckus. I don't know...I'm literally throwing out the trash =] Found an idea worth using yet? I guess it all depends on where YOU see your story going. Good luck...it sounds like a wonderful goal!
November 1, 2008 9:42 PM


Misty
Thanks! Yes! I like it all. Right now they're in the diner choking on their coffee.
November 1, 2008 9:45 PM


Dan
There's gotta be some slow-minded hick that spends his nights out digging around in the woods looking for evidence of the UFO that abducted him as a child.I picture a diner as well, with a trucker that occasionally rolls into town that used to have a relationship with the waitress out there.The waitress needs to end up dead, and the slow-minded hick stumbles upon the evidence, but doesn't realize it for months.There's also a neon sign that flickers a lot.And a dog that has to wear diapers for some reason.
November 2, 2008 5:37 PM


Misty
Sweet. I think I can incorporate all those things. And maybe even tweek it so no one remembers it from the X-Files.
November 2, 2008 9:31 PM


Kristin and Steve
I'm thinking a stake out in front of the reporters house. Complete with donut holes and or frozen yogert. (Not to make everything about me)Then something exciting happens when the reporters brother-in-law (perhaps drunken) shows up and and busts him in front of the house. Perhaps some kind of scuffle which would add more undue incrimination on top of what the reporter already has on him.
November 2, 2008 10:32 PM


Steve Sokol
OK--Here is where the aliens attack and all the remaining, alive human charachters have to band together to keep them from destroying earth. I'm thinking a comination of Independence Day and Mars Attacks!!!. Then, a boy wizard can go to school and lean to cast spells to fight against the munchkins, who are chasing after a ring in order to destroy it. The reporter and sheriff, then, discover that the secret to the crime was documented during the renaissance in Michelangelo's paintings and scupltures, which are located throughout Paris and Rome. Finally, a high-school Vampire will capture the hearts of the girls at East High--Go Wildcats!
November 2, 2008 10:42 PM


Misty
Steve, I think we may have a block buster on our hands. You should be a hollywood writer or something. Look for your plots in my book. Also, I will not be making fun of Heather, Dan, Kristin, or Steve in the book, but the rest of you supply with plot or we'll all be laughing at you. Ah hahaha!
November 3, 2008 1:04 AM


Russ
I can critique if you want... the first two sentences are reaaaally long and kinda hard to follow. Other than that there is great atmosphere. I like the usual cattle rustlin'. I read one recently that had a whole town secretly working at growing marijuana in a cave using a nearby river to produce electricity. pretty neat.
November 3, 2008 7:38 PM


Misty
If you read farther, you'll find that there are whole paragraphs that don't even take a breath. At this point they stay. In December, we revise.So...are you suggesting Chuck and Norris be guard dogs over the town's secret marijuana crop? Or maybe Leaks, Aunt May June's bediapered dog could be the guard dog. Very interesting Russell; okay, you're good, I won't make fun of you in the book.
November 4, 2008 12:57 AM



Everyone, in the spirit of friendship is required to give me one plot idea or they will be made fun of in the novel. I thought I made that clear.
Posted by Misty at 1:32 PM
Labels:

*We're Unplugged*
Is it weird that I secretly want you poking fun at my redneck family?
November 13, 2008 2:48 PM


RNE Palmer Family
I think I will thank Russ for his input in your book. This has kept us from being made fun of and his ideas for books are always more interesting than my own.
November 13, 2008 4:29 PM


Lisa
I don't know, I'm a bit intrigued to see how you would make fun of me in your novel. However, I must admit that if I tried to give you a plot line it might just give you reason to make fun of me in person! I'm just not that deep of a thinker, ya know. (Like...totally...ya know...like...yeah) That was my valley girl impression, by the way. You can use that in your story!
November 13, 2008 10:35 PM


Misty
Hmm..redneck...Yeah, Elisha, you squeaked by. Check, a valley girl. Can do. Shall we name her Lorna Lisa?
November 14, 2008 1:57 AM


Misty
Or Lisa Loraine? Lisa Lou? I know, Linda Lisa!
November 14, 2008 10:19 AM


Amy
I'm not totally sure what my assignment was for the the plot, but here it goes...A woman in the book is really bored one day. her kids need to get out of the house so she calls her Visiting teaching companion and goes visiting teaching!! They visit all of the sisters on their list and have a wonderful time visiting and walking around the neighborhood. It was a perfect day! *** how was it??? Let me know when you can go!! We need ot do it next week, before Holiday time!
November 14, 2008 11:42 PM


Misty
The most genius plot I've heard yet. Too bad it's fiction!
November 15, 2008 10:33 AM


Kristin and Steve
I want to hear more suggestions of a title. I'd like it to lean more towards sasha some.
November 15, 2008 10:52 AM


Misty
You heard the woman. Suggestions people! (or were you talking to me?)
November 15, 2008 1:16 PM


Lisa
Lisa Lou is actually what my college friends call me! So if you want to use that for your valley girl it would be totally... I mean, almost like me in real life!
November 18, 2008 12:19 AM


Bonnie
I think you should make fun of me in your book. A fat 30 year old virgin. What's funnier than that?
November 23, 2008 5:25 PM


Misty
Check. But probably I'll just make you a carnie.



Also, I have to credit Ann with the idea to have all the girls fall at the feet of Big Jerome. It worked out great. Thanks Ann!



And thanks everyone else!

Comments

Kristin Sokol said…
I would just like to say that I really enjoyed the flash back. I am thinking of some more, and I'll have Steve work on it too. He is a wealth of original ideas.

Popular Posts