Zacharoni and Please

So, tonight I am finishing off the macaroni and cheese. Homemade (not Home-maid) macaroni and cheese is maybe my favorite food besides pizza, cookies, and donuts. I know I'm a grown up and probably those shouldn't be my favorite foods but every time I eat a cookie I catch myself saying, "I love cookies. Cookies are my favorite food."

Anyway, this one time in college I went to a church activity where they had baked macaroni and cheese. It was love at first sight. It bore a resemblance to my mom's homemade macaroni, but it was, well, baked. I always wanted to try making it but I never have; usually, around the Moncur house, we just have pizza and cookies and really skimp out on the pastas. Well, I found this recipe for homemade (not home-maid, er...or ho-made) macaroni and cheese in the Droubay Ward cookbook (thanks for sharing, Marla!) right next to the "Pizza Spaghetti" (which I have heard referred to as "Pizza-ghetti") and the "Krafty Ham," neither of which to be outdone by the "Hot Dogs in Tomato Sauce" (yes, it's a real recipe).

So, I made the recipe and it was great. Only, there was a lot of it. The kids wouldn't eat it because it wasn't Kraft, even though I anticipated this and called it noodles (which they like) and cheese (which they also like): no luck. But their loss; it was good.

Next, I think I will make "Hot Dog Roni Bake." Wanna come over?

Comments

J\How come you arent even in the ward anymore and you have all these magnificent recipes? Can I borrow that?
Morgans said…
My children were the same way when I tried making this for them. They love the yellow/orange stuff out of the box, but would not eat this at all. Best of luck with the next recipe.
Poohbear said…
Ok Please share the cookbook.... Yummy....
Misty Moncur said…
For reals? Because I was kind of joking. Okay, I was all the way joking. Are you joking, too?

Popular Posts